1. I needed it in the worst way. As I stated in my announcement post, I was burned out, jealous, petty, bitter, and generally unpleasant internally (not externally, I hope) when it came to my blog. Taking some time away helped me to realize just how unhappy I was. I’m glad I stepped back when I did. You should be too. I would never forgive myself if I Hulked out on all of you.
2. I’m a slow poke. I really predicted I would have an epiphany within days of my blogging break. Go ahead. You can laugh. No such epiphany occurred within a week, or even a month. In fact, the end result can hardly be called an epiphany at all. I needed to be patient with myself and trust that I’d know what’s best in time. Good lesson for the future, folks.
3. I like reading books. I don’t need to write about books to read them and love them. I don’t need to write about books to share my thoughts and feels with others. Thanks, friends!
4. I do like writing about books. I’m not exaggerating at all when I tell you I absolutely thought I would not come back to blogging. For at least the first 2 months, I thought it was over. I had no desire to blog or be near a blog. Then slowly but surely, the itch to write about books came back. I pondered what that meant and talked to my friends and le hubs about it. I was back at square one where I sincerely wanted to write about books even if NO ONE read it. That’s how I knew my decision was made.
5. I need to make changes. Changes for how the blog fits into my life and how my life fits into the blog. Changes on how often I post and what I post about. Changes for what I read and how I read it. Changes that will prevent future burnouts and result in a sustainably happy Lisa.
6. I could have prevented this. There are so many blogs out there with so much content and so many things that overwhelm me and make me a jealous blogger. It is up to me to prevent that from happening and to check myself before I wreck myself. Again.
7. I have really supportive readers and friends. For reals, y’all. You all supported me and encouraged me and were so so so good about giving me space and time. I just can’t even express in words that make sense how much that means to me. I can try by telling you it makes my heart safely swell within my ribcage to try and make room for all of the feels. And also I can say thank you.
So you may notice some changes around here. I hope you like them, because I do. I want to make you happy as my reader, but ultimately I’m here to do what makes me happy.
I honestly believe that unabashedly nerding out about things that I love with you makes for better content AND a happier Lisa. That’s what we call a win-win.
Lisa is a gamer, crafter, fangirl, mother, wife and unabashed nerd who is pretty ridiculous and it's best you know that up front. When she's not binge watching Netflix or crafting into the wee hours of the night, you can find her spending a lot of her time on Pinterest and Twitter.